This is a brief statement which I intend to include in my Christmas thank you cards to my fellow children’s ministry volunteers at Portland Open Bible Church. They are a remarkable group of people. They minister faithfully throughout the year as unto the Lord and for the good of the children and their families. They are a divers group: moms, dads, grandmas, grandpas, singles, teens, all from a variety of occupations and backgrounds. They chose to give of their time out of love for God and genuine care for the littlest ones in our midst. In case you couldn’t tell: I am very proud of them. So I invite you to read this list of ten things I want my fellow children’s ministry volunteers to know. If you find it helpful, feel free to use it as it is, or to adapt it for your own use.
1. You are loved by me for who you are as well as how you minister to the children.
2. You are precious as an image-bearer of God.
3. You are making a real difference in the lives of children.
4. You have been faithful over the years, which makes a huge impact on the children.
5. You are incredibly talented.
6. You matter, especially in those areas of life outside of the four walls of the church.
7. You are deeply appreciated by the children, their parents, the church community and especially by me.
8. You have a responsibility of enormous consequence and accountability.
9. You inspire me.
10. You are my hero. I am proud of you.